Sarah Hamilton (1827-1907) married Joseph W Atkins (1815-1906) in 1873. He bought property near the downtown square, where he built and named the street for himsel, Adkins Street. He then built this house for his new bride about 1875 using a design from England with double thick hand pressed brick walls. It was the first brick home in Sulphur Springs.
Follow Us on Social Media
Hopkins County Museum And Heritage Park
Copyright © 2023. All rights reserved.