This facility was established in 1976 for the people of Hopkins County by the Hopkins County Historical Society (HCHS).
George H. Wilson (1854-1929) started making brick in 1891, using clay that they dug up from this 11-acre site. Then in 1910 he built this home in front of the brick plant, for his wife Myra (1860-1941), from brick manufactured from this site. Each wall is 14″ thick and of solid brick with a brick foundation under each wall. The only wood in the construction is the floor and roof. The building was purchased in 1976 by the HCHS, partially renovated and opened to the public as a museum in 1979 with the help from Texas Education Agency through Paris Jr College.
Follow Us on Social Media
Hopkins County Museum And Heritage Park
Copyright © 2023. All rights reserved.